Painting and drawing for beginners
Do you like the idea of getting to grips with painting and drawing and spending a day in the stunning locations of Arley Arboretum? This course is perfect for you.
The vast majority of the activity will take place outdoors with the group given plenty of time to use the skills they develop en plein air, in amongst the breath taking and varied landscape of the arboretum grounds.
The second part of the day will involve making use of these initial studies to create new compositions exploring a range on introductory painting techniques.
- Cost per participant is £99 per person.
- Sessions will last for 6 hours and will include a 30-45-minute lunch and 2 x 15-minute comfort breaks.
- The sessions will have a minimum of 6 participants with a maximum of 12.
- All materials, lunch and drinks are provided as part of the course fee.
- Learn a series of creative techniques that you will be able to use outside the course on independent projects
- Build confidence using a range of materials to record what is seen
- Experiment with creative composition
- 1:1 time allocated for every group member and the artist
- Spend time outdoors
What makes our courses unique?
- Stunning locations
- Small group sizes focusing on each individual
- Learning skills and techniques from an artist who has exhibited paintings and drawings extensively in the UK and abroad
- This course involves practical learning and hands-on experience
Course Dates & Prices
Saturday 14th October 2017
£99 includes a 6 hour session, all materials, 1:1 Tuition time, lunch and drinks
Booking is essential as places are limited to a maximum of 12 adults per session.
Book now on 01299 861368 or email [email protected]
On the day...
All Courses are from 10.30 - 4.30.
Please arrive at the Tearoom 15-30 minutes before your session.
Please wear suitable clothing for the weather conditions.
No required equipment
All equipment, lunch and drinks are provided.
Our Course Leaders
All our courses are run by artists whose creative practice is internationally recognised.
All our artist teachers exhibit their work extensively as well as being highly experienced tutors and are comfortable working with groups of people in outdoor and studio settings.