Beginners Photography Course
This course will help you learn the manual controls of your DSLR and help you use them to take great landscape photos. By the end of the course you’ll be able to take full control of your camera and never need that auto button again!
• Understand your camera
• Create amazing landscapes in any weather condition
• A brief history of photography and the camera
• Get off auto! Get to know all of the settings on your camera
• Aperture to create blurred backgrounds and detailed landscapes
• Shutter speed to capture fast movement
• Understanding ISO
• Creative composition, get the best out of your photographs
What makes our courses unique?
• Stunning photogenic location
• Small group sizes focusing on each individual
• Industry standard DSLR equipment
• Approved professional photography practitioners
• Practical learning and hands on experience
Courses Dates & Prices
Saturday 6th May
Saturday 10th June
Saturday 16th September
Course Fee £99
Includes a one day workshop, with 1:1 tuition time, lunch and drink
Bring their own camera or hire one for the day for just £15.
Booking is essential as places are limited with a maximum of 6 adults per session.
On the day...
Please arrive at the Tea Room 15 minutes before your session
Please wear warm waterproof clothing. We will go somewhere suitable for the conditions on the day, however you should carry insulating and showerproof clothing.
Please bring your own camera with full manual controls or prebook one of our hire cameras. A limited number of Nikon 3200 DSLR cameras are available to hire at an additional fee of £15.
Our Photography Teacher
Testimonial from our last course
Thanks for great day yesterday at Arley arboretum. I came as a complete novice and felt I went home well able to take some fantastic pictures and will be buying my own camera which I now feel confident to use thanks to you and Joe. I would just like to add that for me - who has worked in the caring profession for many years - I feel your teaching skills to an audience of people of a older generation were very professional, sensitive to our needs with patience in abundance. Well orchestrated and planned day. I wish you and Joe well for the future."
"Exceptional gardens and forests"
"Italian gardens were particularly brilliant. Was fortunate the day was clear. The location is within countryside and particularly appeals as a photographer. You need at least three hours because grounds are huge especially outside walled gardens. Keep walking and where forest opens you see gold fields and chance of Severn Train."
Zaid D visited June 2016